Hollowbelly - Three Chords and the Truth - Punk, Northern and Blue (2010)
- Debut album. Also has a live album out.
- Think Seasick Steve… Rough, raw and heavy
blues rock. UK
Scattered Trees - Four Days Straight - Sympathy (2011)
- Debut album
- Power pop that reminds me of a slightly more focused/less jammy Stephen Malkmus.
Yellow Ostrich -Hate Me Soon - The Mistress (2011)
- Bonus track from their debut full length which has just been re-released with these tracks.
- Sounds a bit like the Beatles and the White Stripes and even at times Menomena.
- Very talented vocalist. Uses looping to deeply layer his music.
- Played SXSW
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Bad Things – True Blood: Music from the HBO Series Vol. 3 (2011)
- Cover of the song used in the shows opening credits.
- One of the better soundtracks for a show or movie out there. Really fits the feel of this show with its dark, edgier, alternative tracks.
- You just feel cool listening to these guys.
- Brilliant lengthy live performers.
Daniel Martin Moore - Think Again (2011)
- This song was just released for free download.
- It was recorded during the sessions for his 3rd album out in Jan of 2011, 'In the Cool of the Day.'
- Did a collaborative album with Ben Sollee last year that was quite nice.
Iron and Wine and Calexico – Red Dust - In the Reins EP (2005)
- Sam Beam: Singer/Songwriter from
- Graduated from
with a Masters and for a while was a professor of Cinematography at Florida State Film School . Miami International University
- Started recording in 2002
- 2002-2003: recorded mostly lo-fi acoustic music
- 2004-Present: Higher quality recordings and incorporated more instruments and creativity.
- All his music is great to hear on vinyl.
- Just signed to a major label : (
The Parson Red Heads - When You Love Somebody - Yearling (2011)
- 2nd full length. Debut, King Giraffe, was out in 2007.
- Easy 70’s folk rock. There seemed to be a Fleetwood Mac comparison made in every review I’ve seen for this band.
- Check out their site for a free download of another track on this album
Ezra Furman & The Harpoons – How Long, Diana? - Banging Down the Doors (2007)
- Debut album. 3rd is out earlier in 2011.
- One of the most talented and refreshing artists going.
- Played a great, energetic SXSW set.
- SEE THIS
MAN FRIDAY, AUGUST 19th in Indy for $5!
Mister Heavenly - I Am A Hologram - Out of Love (2011)
- Full length debut.
- the latest in what's becoming a long line of big indie names collaborating.
- Features Nick Thorburn (
Islands/The Unicorns), Ryan Kattner (Man Man), and Joe Plummer (Modest Mouse).
- This track is included on an incredible free Sub Pop Records sampler.
The Routes - Do What's Right By You - Alligator (2011)
- 2nd album
- 60’s Psych garage band that has blown up pretty big in
Tiger Waves - In, Out, And Around - Only Good Bands Have Animal Names (2011)
- Debut album
- A band that got its start as the two main members corresponded from
and Austin, TX and emailed each other parts of songs and created their sound. Chicago, IL
Megafaun - State/Meant - Megafaun (2011)
- Forthcoming 4th album
- Members of this act were in DeYarmond Edison with members of Bon Iver.
- Played SXSW
The War on Drugs – Brothers – Slave Ambient (2011)
- 2nd full length. 3 EPs out also.
- This is a reworking of a previously released track.
- Kurt was formerly the lead guitarist for them.
Mr. Gnome – Bit of Tongue - Madness In Miniature (2011)
- 3rd album and was recorded in Josh Homme’s studio.
- 2nd album ' Heave Your Skeleton' was really solid as well.
Team Me - Weathervanes and Chemicals - Team Me EP (2011)
- Debut EP warming the waters for their forthcoming full length debut.
- Norwegian indie pop that makes me think of the Antlers and the Kissaway Trail.
Feist – How Come You Never Go There – Metals (2011)
- Forthcoming 5th album out October 4th
- Leslie Feist. Tremendously successful solo artist who is also a member of the Canadian indie rock collective Broken Social Scene.
- Her 4th album, ‘The Reminder’, blew up like crazy.
- Now as much of a radio-oriented track like ‘1, 2, 3, 4’ was. Much more of a build here.