Dawes - Little Bit of Everything - Nothing Is Wrong (2011)
- 2nd album out yesterday.
- By far the best song I’ve heard from them. Reminds me of ‘My Sweet Carolina’ by Ryan Adams.
- Led by Taylor Goldsmith, who is also 1/3 of the folk supergroup Middle Brother.
Deer Tick – Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran Cover)
- 3rd album
- Rambling folk duet. A bit of Dylan coming through
Black Lips – Go Out and Get It –
(2011) Arabia Mountain
- 6th album.
- One of the most fun bands to listen to and see live.
- Sloppy garage rock.
Mister Heavenly - Pineapple Girl - Out of Love (2011)
- Debut single from forthcoming full length debut.
- the latest in what's becoming a long line of big indie names collaborating.
- Features Nick Thorburn (
Islands/The Unicorns), Ryan Kattner (Man Man), and Joe Plummer (Modest Mouse).
Country Mice - Morning Sun - Twister (2011)
- Debut album
- Folk rock outfit that formerly went by We Are Country Mice.
White Denim – If You’re Changing - D (2011)
- 5th album. They are continually changing their sound and evolving.
- They did an Impromptu album of demos last summer: Download for free right now!
- Played SXSW
Holiday was their debut and still their best.
- Playing the Rock Lobster in Indy Wednesday, June 29th.
My Morning Jacket – Victory Dance – Circuital (2011)
- 6th album
- Probably the most notable
band going. Louisville
- Led by and known for Jim James on lead vocals.
- Playing the Lawn at
White River this summer.
Superhumanoids – Mikelah - Mikelah 7" (2011)
- Latest 7" single.
- Debut full length was out last year.
- Features male and female lead vocals that make you think a little of the New Pornographers, just a little heavier music
Iron & Wine – Freedom Hangs Like Heaven - Woman King EP (2005)
- This EP was the last release before for his latest two LPs ‘Kiss Each Other Clean’ & 'The Sheppard's Dog' which were significantly more filled out than anything he’s done previously.
- Sam Beam: Singer/Songwriter from
- Started recording in 2002
Horse Feathers – Working Poor – House With No Home (2008)
- 2nd album of 3.
- If you like this band check out Rosemont Family Reunion
- Blown away by live performance… a unique experience only rivaled by Iron & Wine
- The songs are played so softly the crowd is almost silent focused on the music.
- See them this Sunday at Radio Radio in
Chosen One - Julius Ceasar (1993)
- Debut album from Bill Callahan's first band.
- They were heavily embedded in the lo-fi movement in the early 90's
Mars Classroom - New Theory - New Theory of Everything (2011)
- Debut effort from yet another Robert Pollard side project.
- Feels a lot like Guided By Voices, his recently reunited main act.
WATERS - For the One - Out In the Light (2011)
- Forthcoming debut album. Out 9/20.
- New project led by Van Pierszalowski (previously of Port O'Brien).
Le Corbeau - Black Belvedere - Moth On The Headlight (2011)
- A collaboration between members of Sereena Maneesh and
A Place to Bury Strangers.
- Dark noir rock.