Perfume Genius : Fool : Too Bright (2014)
- 3rd full length
- Best song of 2014 so far.
- This track burst out away from the delicate, piano-only tracks that filled most of his first 2 LPs.
- Project led by Mike Hadreas.
OnlyReal : Cadillac Girl : Cadillac Girl 7" (2014)
- 2nd single from forthcoming debut full length. Due out in 2015.
- One of only several songs they've released.
- Vocalist over a blend of super catchy classic indie rock and electronic music.
- 23 yr old Niall Galvin bedroom project.
Twerps : Recall : Work It Out EP (2013)
- First EP of 2 since their superb 2011 debut LP. Underlay EP is their latest.
- Spacey Australian indie-pop.
- Their newer songs have featured more singers, but this one remains the best.
Black Lizard : Burning : Burning EP (2014)
- Latest EP. Debut LP out in 2013.
- Fuzzy, stoner blues psych rock.
- RIYL the Black Angels.
Heart-Ships : Undress Me To The Bone : Foil (2014)
- First single of forthcoming debut LP.
- Debut EP, EP1 was a highlight of 2013.
- Reminiscent of Modest Mouse and Frog Eyes.
King Tuff : Headbanger : Black Moon Spell (2014)
- 3rd full length album
- out of the Vermont
- psychadelic/powerpop/rock… a little like T Rex vocals
- His self-titled 2nd album was one of 2012's best albums.
Krill : Peanut Butter : Split EP (2014)
- First track off a forthcoming split EP.
- Latest release was the Steve Hears Pile In Malden and Bursts Into Tears EP out earlier this year.
- 2013’s Lucky Leaves was their 2nd full length.
- Debut album, Alam No Hris, was out in 2011
- Led by Ezra Furman's brother Jonah.
The Replacements : Androgynous : Let It Be (1983)
- 3rd album of 7.
- Currently on a sporadic reunion tour.
- Played with Deer Tick and the Hold Steady at Forrest Hills this past weekend.
Bruce Springsteen : Atlantic City : Nebraska (1982)
- 6th album and first solo acoustic.
- Originally recorded as a set of demos with lo-fi recording production.
- One of the greatest, under-stated albums of all-time.
Jack Ingram : Driving All Night Long (Bruce Robison Cover) : Black Dog OST (1998)
- This is one of my favorite random covers I’ve had on my computer forever, but just recently figured out it was not Ryan Adams.
- Jack Ingram is primarily a country musician who released 7 albums between 1995-2009.
- Bruce Robison had a similar run releasing 9 albums in that time.
Ryan Adams : Trouble : Ryan Adams (2014)
- Just released self-titled 14th album and first good one since his 8th came out in 2005.
- Formerly one of my favorite artists, but one that made one of the most stereotypical transitions into make crappy bland music when the major labels fully grabbed ahold of him.
- He was on Lost Highway records that seemed to be a pretty hands-off small offshoot of Universal (one of the biggest evils), but they progressively became a less reputable and more watered down label.
- Sobering up and dating Mandy Moore probably didn’t help either.
Moonface : Daughter of a Dove : City Wrecker EP (2014)
- Follow up EP to the 3rd full length album from this Spencer Krug (Wolf Parade & Sunset Rubdown) project.
- Features live show favorites left off the latest album.
- Debut, Heartbreaking Bravery, was my pick for best album of 2012.
Arcade Fire : I’ll Believe In Anything (Wolf Parade cover) (2014)
- This was a cover they did at their hometown Montreal show this past August.
- They have always incorporated a lot of covers in their live shows, but during this tour they did a different one every time.