Foxygen : How Can You Really : … And Star Power (2014)
- 3rd full length.
- Their 2nd, We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic, was my 2nd favorite of 2014.
- Funkier Rolling Stones feel.
King Tuff : Biggest Hearts : The Pitchfork Review 7” Single Series Vol. 3 (2014)
- Special vinyl release accompanying the 2nd issue of The Pitchfork Review.
- 3rd full length album, Black Moon Spell, was just announced.
- out of the Vermont
- psychadelic/powerpop/rock… a little like T Rex vocals
- His self-titled 2nd album was one of 2012's best albums.
Moonface : City Wrecker : City Wrecker EP (2014)
- Follow up EP to the 3rd full length album from this Spencer Krug (Wolf Parade & Sunset Rubdown) project.
- Features live show favorites left off the latest album.
- Debut, Heartbreaking Bravery, was my pick for best album of 2012.
Tobias Jesso Jr. : True Love (2013)
- One of 2 demos out via YouTube
- RIYL Nilsson, early Perfume Genius, or early solo Christopher Owens.
Christopher Owens : Stephen : A New Testament (2014)
- 2nd solo album
- Former leader of the majorly critically acclaimed indie-rock band Girls.
Cold Specks : Bodies At Bay : Neuroplasticity (2014)
- Powerful, fuller track from one of the best vocalists in all of music.
- An awesome video for the track 'Holland' can be found HERE.
Courtship Ritual : Wild Like Us : Pith (2014)
- Debut album
- Electronic indie-pop.
- RIYL Wet or the XX.
Kodiak Deathbeds : We Found A Home (2014)
- 1 of 2 singles out so far.
- New Lightning Dust spinoff band.
J Mascis : Wide Awake (feat. Cat Power) : Tied to a Star (2014)
- First single from forthcoming solo album
- Latest solo album was 2011's brilliant Several Shades of Why.
- Dinosaur Jr. leader, but I think I like him better in this role.
Wooden Wand : Waveland : AZAG-TOTH (2014)
- James Jackson Toth’s latest album and his most subdued in a few years.
- His last album, Blood Oaths of the New Blues, was a Best of the U & U 2013.
- His track ‘No Bed For Beatle Wand/Days This Long’ was my favorite song of 2013.
Ryan Adams : Gimme Something Good : Ryan Adams (2014)
- 14th album and first good single since his 8th came out in 2005.
- Formerly one of my favorite artists, but one that made one of the most stereotypical transitions into make crappy bland music when the major labels fully grabbed ahold of him.
- He was on Lost Highway records that seemed to be a pretty hands-off small offshoot of Universal (one of the biggest evils), but they progressively became a less reputable and more watered down label.
- Sobering up and dating Mandy Moore probably didn’t help either.
Landlady : Washington State Is Important : Upright Behavior (2014)
- Debut album
- Brooklyn band getting a lot of buzz as they run up to their album release.
- Incredible vocals that remind me of those of Maps & Atlases.
- Like Brian Jonestown Massacre or a mellower Velvet Underground
Ty Segall : Susie Thumb : Manipulator (2014)
- 7th solo album. Double album.
- The once obscure SF garage rock master is now one of the biggest faces of the rock music scene now.
Girl Band : De Bom Bom : De Bom Bom b/w I Love You 7" (2014)
- Debut EP, France 98,is available for free on their BandCamp.
- Latest single, Lawman, is their best song to date.
- Eractic punk rockers out of Ireland.
- One of the more exciting and exhilarating punk rock bands I’ve heard in a long time.
Holy Esque :Sovereign : Sovereign (2014)
- 2nd single from forthcoming 2nd album.
- The fall somewhere between amped up Frightened Rabbit and WU LYF