- Brand new LP.
- This is a former best of the U & U top spot holder thanks to their album ‘The Stage Names’
- Lyric-heavy deeply layered building folk rock.
- This is the album's opener.
The Heavenly States - Model Son - Oui Camera Oui (2011)
- 4th album since 2003
- Love the off-kilter Modest Mouse vibes this band puts out.
1, 2, 3 - Work - New Heaven (2011)
- Forthcoming debut.
- Latest hard-to-google band!
- Jangily and Fuzzy rock.
The Antlers – I Don't Want Love - Burst Apart (2011)
- 4th album
- Big pop sound… remind me of The Arcade Fire’s acoustic tracks
- If you like this at all, just go get their 3rd album 'Hospice' it's still the best to date.
Milagres - Glowing Mouth - Glowing Mouth (2011)
- Forthcoming Full length. One EP out now.
- Slow burning sound that Suckers and Twilight Singers fans could get into.
Fleet Foxes - Bedouin Dress - Helplessness Blues (2011)
- Long awaited 2nd full length.
- No band was better in 2008 in which they released their debut EP & LP.
- My number one album for the 2008 (same with Pitchfork and numerous other outlets).
- Hugely diverse, lush, harmony-laden folk.
- 3rd album
- Folk singer/songwriter type
- The voice gets me here more than anything
- Former leader of Smog.
The National – Exile Vilify - The Portal 2 (2011)
- This song is from a video game soundtrack.
- Latest full length album was High Violet. First since 2007
- They also had a hand in the production of the ‘Dark Was The Night’ compilation.
Night Beats - Dial 666 - Night Beats (2011)
- Garage and soul coming together nicely.
- Bigger fuzz and fidelity than their previous efforts.
Guards - Hear You Call - Resolution of One 7" Single (2011)
- Upbeat pop driven garage.
- Released another EP and that's all so far.
Gypsyblood - Bright Futures - Cold In The Guestway (2011)
- This song show a lot of Pavement influence.
- Pulsing early 90's indie rock.
- Debut EP
band with a bit of a Frightened Rabbit sound. UK
Songs: Ohia - Farewell Transmission - The Magnolia Electric Co. (2003)
- This is the opening frack to Jason Molina's 4 Songs: Ohia album and one of the finest he's written.
- Molina followed up this album by starting the band Magnolia Electric Co and expounded upon the sound of this gorgeous alt-country album.
Bon Iver – Blood Bank – Blood Bank EP (2009)
- new EP, follow up to one of the best 2008 albums
- tides you over a bit as we await a new full length
- powerful live performer
Matt Sweeney and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Must Be Blind - Must Be Blind/Life In Muscle EP (2011)
- Two song collaborative single from two prolific singer/songwriters.
Airlines - Colors - Visions EP (2011)
- Debut EP.
- Yet another new act seemingly following in the sound footpath pioneered by Yeasayer.
- Lush, layered synth pop.
- RIYL: Yeasayer, Bravestation and Geographer.