Landlady : Above My Ground : Upright Behavior (2014)
- Debut album
- Brooklyn band getting a lot of buzz as they run up to their album release.
- Incredible vocals that remind me of those of Maps & Atlases.
Yellerkin : Solar Laws : Yellerkin EP (2014)
- Debut EP
- This single was released in 2013.
- RIYL Yeasayer.
Ought : The Weather Song : More Than Any Other Day (2014)
- Debut LP
- 2 EPs out as well.
- Montreal by way of the States post-punk rock band.
- Name your own price for all their music on their bandcamp.
Sweet Apple : We Are Ruins : The Golden Age of Glitter (2014)
- 2nd album
- Side project from Dinosaur Jr.’s J Mascis.
- Features GBV’s Robert Pollard and Mark Lanegan.
Pink Mountaintops : The Second Summer Of Love : Get Back (2014)
- 4th album.
- A more garage-leaning outfit from Black Mountain’s Stephen McBean.
Thee Oh Sees : Put Some Reverb on My Brother : Drop (2014)
- Forthcoming Record Store Day release.
- Prolific San Fran garage psych from John Dwyer.
- Their latest, Floating Coffin , is one of the best psych rock albums of 2013.
Mimicking Birds : Owl Hoots : Eons (2014)
- 3rd album.
- Lush Portland indie folk.
- SXSW 2014
Pujol : Circles : Kludge (2014)
- First single from Daniel Pujol’s 2nd album.
- Product of Jack White’s Third Man Records.
Slasher Flicks : Catchy (Was Contagious) : Enter the Slasher House (2014)
- Debut album.
- Solo project from Animal Collective’s Avey Tare.
Nick Waterhouse : Let It Come Down : Holly (2014)
- 2nd full length.
- Debut album, Time’s All Gone, was out in 2012.
- Blues and soul singer songwriter.
Eels : Where I’m Going : The Cautionary Tales of Mark Oliver Everett (2014)
- 11th album
- 5th album in the last 5 years. None have quite rivalled their first few albums
- There is a really interesting look into Mark Everett’s past on a
NOVA on PBS, ‘Parallel Worlds, Parallel Lives’
Tom Waits : San Diego Serenade : The Heart of Saturday Night (1974)
- 2nd full length.
- Started mellow, soulful and jazz-leaning, but has slowly turned more alternative and weirder.