Moonface - Yesterday's Fire - With Siinai: Heartbreaking Bravery (2012)
- Forthcoming 2nd album. First with Siinai as backing band
- First full length was out last year, Organ Music.
- Debut EP was out last year and was one 20+ minute track.
- Wolf Parade's and Sunset Rubdown's Spencer Krug's solo project.
Maps & Atlases - Fever - Beware and Be Grateful (2012)
- 1st single from forthcoming full length.
- Chicago experimental folk outfit.
- Played SXSW 2011 and playing 2012
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. – We Almost Lost Detroit (Gil Scott Heron cover) - It's A Corporate World (2011)
- Full length debut.
- Their 2010 debut EP garnered them a lot of good reviews.
- Playing the White Rabbit Cabaret Friday, June 17th
Japandroids - The House That Heaven Built - Celebration Rock (2012)
- 2nd album.
- raucous anthem-filled post punk rock
- huge energy and distortion. You’ll want to see this song live and as loud as possible.
- SXSW 2012
Lucero - Downtown (Intro) & On My Way Downtown - Women & Work (2012)
- New album!
- Ben Nichols, lead singer, has been working on solo stuff since this came out.
- Best bar rock band going.
Ben Kweller - Mean To Me - Go Fly a Kite (2012)
- 6th full length.
- Indie pop/rock singer songwriter that's been making extremely consistent, not overly ground breaking records since 2009.
Pond - Moth Wings - Beard Wives Denim (2012)
- Debut Full length
- Made of members of Tame Impala.
- By far the greatest lead singer I saw at SXSW. Young, tiny, wild aussie.
Quiet Hooves - The Beat - Stallin' (2012) & Saddle Up (2012)
- Double album featuring a rerelease of their 1st album plus their 2nd.
- Eclectic pop/rock. Reminds me a bit Man Man and Menomena.
- A bit wacky at times, but not coming off as tacky or trying to hard.
Leatherbag - Patience - Patience (2011)
- Debut EP. 2 Full lengths as well.
- Austin band
- 2nd band I saw at SXSW 2012 and one that I didn’t know at all going in. Ended up being a favorite.
Yellow Ostrich - Daughter - Strange Land (2012)
- 2nd full length.
- Debut full length was 'The Mistress' and made the 2011 Best of the U & U.
- Sounds a bit like the Beatles and the White Stripes and even at times Menomena.
- SXSW 2012
Gentleman Jesse - Take It Easy On Me - Leaving Atlanta (2012)
- This track is reminiscent of Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.
- Easy, singable folk rock.
Portugal, The Man - Telling Tellers Tell Me - Church Mouth (2007)
- 2nd (and best) album.
- Released their 7th album in 2011.
- RIYL The Raconteurs/Jack White/Brendan Benson
Heavy Cream - John Johnny - Super Treatment (2012)
- 2nd album. Debut was out in 2010
- Ty Segall produced amped up rocker of an album.
Magnolia Electric Co. - What's Broken Becomes Better- Sojourner (2007)
- 4 disc compilation of the band's travels in 2005
- An exhaustive exploration into all the sounds leader Jason Molina brings with his music.
- Just read he is currently in recovery and has no recording or tour plans.
- A sad, but fitting time to promote one of my personal favorites.
Black Mountain – In Sequence – Year Zero OST (2012)
- Soundtrack for the post-apocalyptic surf movie, Year Zero.
- 3 albums from this group of Canadians
- Jagjaguwar Band… Bloomington’s star loaded label.