Monday, April 18, 2011

Record Store Day 2011!















This year I felt like I couldn't go anywhere without hearing about the very cool new musical holiday. It's hard to believe that it's only been around since 2007. 2008 was really the first wide spread one and I had just assumed it had been around a while, but no, it was just firing up. Tons of special releases and instore concerts later it has transformed into something pretty massive. The line at Indy CD & Vinyl was pretty good evidence of this. A couple years ago people just looked at me like I was a fool when I asked if they wanted to go. Now I could barely squeeze down the aisles! Pretty sweet!

Here's my haul:


















Titus Andronicus : The Monitor : The greatest album of 2010 from one of the greatest performers I've ever seen if you want my thoughts.

The Black Angels Phosgene Nightmare : A limited special release of b-sides from their badass latest release, Phosphene Dream.

No comments: