Robert Pollard - In a Circle - Lord of the Birdcage (2011)
- I've lost count of how many albums Pollard has put out… it's substantial.
- Leader of Guided By Voices who have reunited and are one of the huge names gracing the Pitchfork Music Fest stage.
Black Lips – New Direction –
- 3rd track out off their forthcoming 6th album.
- One of the most fun bands to listen to and see live.
- Sloppy garage rock.
Ty Segall - You Make the Sun Fry - Goodbye Bread (2011)
- Forthcoming full length.
- Just released a T. Rex themed EP of covers for Record Store Day. This release has completely sold me on Ty.
- Huge critical hit.
- Big garage rock here. Think old Black Keys.
- Played one of the loudest, most rockin' sets at SXSW
JEFF the Brotherhood – Hey Friend - We Are the Champions (2011)
- 4th album
- Jake & Jamin Orrall
- Kraut punk rock. Harder, eclectic rock.
- This album has a significantly increased pop feel to it… Early Weezer specifically at times.
- Played SXSW and they lead singer & guitarist came out into the crowd, right in front of me and played a solo from his knees for me!
Handsome Furs – Repatriated – Sound Kapital (2011)
- 3rd album from Wolf Parade's Dan Boeckner and his wife.
- Out June 28th.
- I was late to the party here, but glad I didn’t miss it!
Yeasayer - Swallowing the Decibels - End Blood (2011)
- Record Store Day Release single of b-sides from the recording sessions for their 2nd album, Odd Blood.
- Best Band of Pitchfork Music Fest 2009 By Far!
- Immensely layered quintet
The Felice Brothers – Fire at the Pageant – Celebration,
- 3rd album of 3.
- popped up on so many best of lists in 2008 with their debut.
- best description I’ve came across for this song/band is Dylan with singing lessons and playing with the spirit of
- Big, warm, and satisfying album that rambles along nice.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. – Skeletons - It's A Corporate World (2011)
- Forthcoming debut full length.
- Their 2010 debut EP garnered them a lot of good reviews.
- Playing the White Rabbit Cabaret Friday, June 17th
Donkeys - I Like the Way You Walk - Born With Stripes (2011)
- 3rd full length.
- Super catchy rolling track.
- Makes me think of These United States.
- Download a bunch of this music for free from their site!
Paleo – Holly Would - Fruit of the Spirit (2011)
- Forthcoming full length.
- David Andrew Strackany
- opened for These United states when I caught them a couple years ago.
- Wrote 1 song a day for 1 year. Now he just has his, still quite prolific, Song Diary on his official site.
- looks like a young John Mayall
- Played SXSW
J Roddy Walston and the Business – Jesus Gonna Do His Best (2011)
- First single from forthcoming 2nd full length.
- Rock and roll feel to some of the tracks
- Makes me think of Dr. Dog here.
Bill Callahan - Universal Applicant - Apocalypse (2011)
- 3rd album
- Folk singer/songwriter type
- The voice gets me here more than anything
- Former leader of Smog.
- This album is fantastic!
- Brand new LP.
- This is a former best of the U & U top spot holder thanks to their album ‘The Stage Names’
- Lyric-heavy deeply layered building folk rock.
Nat Baldwin -
- Debut album. Released another full length since.
- Solo effort from Dirty Projectors’ bassist.
- Brings a fresh take to the world of independent music with his electric and stand up bass based compositions.
Moonface - Fast Peter - Organ Music Not Vibraphone Like I'd Hoped (2011)
- First full length. Debut EP was out last year and was one 20+ minute track.
- Wolf Parade's and Sunset Rubdown's Spencer Krug's solo project.